DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY
- Year of Establishment – 1997
- Accredited by NAAC at B
- Degree course with the combination of Botany
- BZC –TM
- MZC - EM
- Certificate Course “MUSHROOM CULTIVATION” offered by departments for Improving Employable Skills.
VISION AND MISSION
- Empowerment of stake holders through knowledge, inculcation of values to exposure to global competence.
- This department mainly has its focus on research activities.
- To mould the students as responsible citizens with intellectual excellence and integrity
- To facilitate optimum use of human and natural resources for sustainable development.
- To adopt student-centric and ICT enabled teaching-learning & evaluation methods
- To instill research spirit by involving the students in project work and give community orientation through extension activities.
- To adopt e-governance in administration and educational technology in academic transactions.
- To offer a modular course (CBCS) of lectures, seminars, projects and practical training in the basic and applied aspects of plant Science under keen supervision of faculty.
- To promote training in practical and conceptual skills in sub-disciplines such as Classical and modern taxonomy, plant Physiology, Cell biology, molecular biology, Genetics etc to understand plants both in an ecological and evolutionary framework.
- To obtain constructive feedback on their progress, individual students will be assessed throughout the year in their project work, participation in seminars, assignments and group discussions etc.
Head of the Department