About the Department
Department of Physics was established in the year 1997 with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry (PCM) Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science (PMCs) combination was introduced in the year 2003-2004 to meet global standards
The Department has three fully equipped laboratories in Physics and one laboratory for Electronics. A specially designed dark room laboratory is provided for conducting optics experiments. This Department has Experienced Permanent Lecturers, and 0ne Contract lecturers.
To provide the students updated knowledge in Physics, enhance their Experimental skills and to equip the students to compete globally for employment and research.
To provide the students with excellent learning experience with which they expand their critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills with reflective reverence towards physics
The mission of the department will be accomplished by
- Provide good opportunities and environment for Teaching, Learning and Research in several areas of Physics.
- To create infrastructure in the department to meet the global standards.
- Developing the syllabi and activities for generating employment opportunities to students.
- Developing the quality of the students by study-projects, field trips, internships, Invited Lectures, etc.
- Conducting skill oriented certificate courses.
- Develop the Leadership Qualities among students.
- To inculcate scientific temper in students through lab activities and group discussions.
- Four Fully equipped Laboratories with furniture
- Special darkroom for optics experiments
- Departmental Library with reading room facility
- Well facilitated Staff room
Head of the Department