Government Degree College was started in the year 1984. In 1997 Science groups were introduced in the form of Intermediate course with mathematics, Physics and Chemistry combinations and in 1997 Natural Science, Physics and Chemistry were started.
In July 1997, three year Degree B.Sc. special courses were introduced with
- Chemistry, Physics and Mathamatics.
- Botany, Zoology and Chemistry.
The department of chemistry has continually been striving for excellence in teaching and research. Faculty members of the department are highly qualified, dedicated and competent in teaching as well as in research. The faculty members lay emphasis on inclusion of modern teaching technologies viz. LCDs, Models and Practical demonstration. The department has 2 computer systems with internet facility.
The existing Programs are:
- Chemistry in combination with Mathematics and Physics (English and Telugu medium)
- Chemistry in combination with Botany and Zoology (English and Telugu medium)
- Chemistry in combination with Microbiology and Zoology (English medium)
- Chemistry in combination with Zoology and Paramedical Technology (English medium)
Certificate Courses Offered:
1, Food Chemistry
The Chemistry Department of Government Degree College, Kalyandurg aspires to excel in chemical education, research and services. It envisions that it will be recognized by institutions of higher learning for excellence in teaching, mentorship of students, and in research in chemistry. The department will continue to offer the highest quality undergraduate (B.Sc.) curriculum. The department will continue to cooperate effectively with other departments to offer interdisciplinary programs in Microbiology, Botany, and Zoology.
The Chemistry Department is committed to prepare competitive and professional graduates within an innovative and intellectually stimulating environment, support other academic programs at SVGM,GDC- Kalyandurg by offering quality chemistry learning experiences, build proactive partnerships with industry and offer effective training and educational and technical services to the society.
- Enhance the quality of the chemistry and industrial chemistry programs.
- Enhance the basic and applied research framework in the Chemistry Department.
- Increase enrolment in the chemistry programs.
- Enhance services to the community.
- Build partnerships with the industry to achieve the department goals.
A Rukmini Bai https://chemistrysvgmgdc.blogspot.com/
Head of the Department