Introduction:- The Department of Commerce had started offering B.Com (General) Course since 1984 and then onwards has grown by leaps and bounds year by year. At present the department is offering Two Undergraduate Course, namely, Bachelor Commerce (General) (Telugu) and Bachelor of Commerce (Computer Application) (English Medium only) and One Post Graduate Programme, namely, M.Com.
To be a center for excellence and competitive in the core areas of accounting and finance.
- To be involved in consultancy services in the areas of accounting, finance and taxation.
- After examining the current need of the market the department is actively focusing on Summer internship and industrial training.
- To impart quality higher education and to undertake research and extension with emphasis on application and innovation that cater to emerging societal needs through all-round development of students of all sections enabling them to be globally competitive and responsible citizens with intrinsic values.
The department of commerce has Two perment and One contract faculty members. Of which, two have M.Phil. Since the academic year 2018-19, Commerce stream in this College has been identified to be developed.
At present, all the under graduate courses in the Commerce Department are being offered in semester mode under Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) with the aim of transferring the curriculum more of student – centric and interdisciplinary.
Besides the Central Library, the commerce department has a departmental library of prescribed text books and reference books. It is also maintaining Question Banks in all the subjects for the purpose of semester end examinations and competitive examinations.
Commerce students are actively participating in the Jawahar Knowledge Centre (JKC) training programmes. Every year a few students get placement orders from the Campus Drive Programmes by reputed companies
The Department of Commerce has a good computer laboratory exclusively for the use of commerce students with internet facility.
Commerce students are also involved in extension activities like Blood Donation Camps, Swatcha Bharath, Donating handful of rice, NCC and NSS activities regularly.
HIGH LIGHTS OF DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
* Special Classes are engaged in Digital Class Rooms so that online vedios lessons can be accessed by the students
* Special Classes are engaged in Virtual Class Room so that students throughout the State of Andhra Pradesh can access lessons
Lecturer in Commerce, & Incharge,
Dept. of Commerce